Menu

Was anyone else at the Veritas School Teachers Conference in Newberg, OR this week?

HSMom2One

I met Stephanino there, and hoped to meet others from the Hive as well. Because I taught a workshop I wasn't able to get around and meet other hs'ers like I would have normally.

If you happened to be there, please let me know what you thought of it. This is the Classical Christian school where I teach part-time. Veritas is a real inspiration to me, I must say.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I teach 4-8th grade art, and I love it. I did teach K-8, but cut back to one day per week vs. two. It was hard for us for hs'ing and also on my elderly mom who lives with us. Right now one day per week is perfect.

If we reach a point where dd needs to get into a school, we will send her to Veritas and I will hopefully be working more hours to cover her tuition. But I'm perfectly content to hs her as long as she is doing well and wants to be here.

I'm glad your pastor friend had the chance to be at the conference. I wonder if he attended the workshop I taught on Tuesday afternoon? Do let him know that we are already planning another conference next summer.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I was supposed to go, but then life got in the way. One of my flute students attends there and we have several friends. I was asked to help present in one of the sessions, but again, life....

I'm really hoping to attend next year though! It would be fun to have a little meet up for us classical homeschoolers.

Hm...how many of us are here in the Yamhill area?

Could I come too? I'm near Salem but I would drive out. Pam and Carrie would probably come too.

Of course! And Hillsboro people too. Anyone in the general area would be welcome, but people need to let me know they are interested as well as contact information.

Blessings,

Lucinda