Menu

calendar work with a PKer and what else?

TulaneMama

DDs and I do our little calendar in the morning. the day of the week, month, date, weather, etc.... I would like to do a little something else with them too so that I can keep them busy for 30min while DS is attempting a writing assignment. Any ideas?

Show them how to make shapes with counting sticks (popsicle sticks or any other handy set of sticks). Then tell them which shapes to make.

DDs and I do our little calendar in the morning. the day of the week, month, date, weather, etc.... I would like to do a little something else with them too so that I can keep them busy for 30min while DS is attempting a writing assignment. Any ideas?

Here are a couple of ideas. You could include seasons in your calendar lessons; there are some very sweet books out there for those ages. If you need the names of a few, let me know. You could also purchase a Judy clock and start teaching them how to tell time by the hour. If you have a magnetic board, they can line up magnetic numbers from 1-9. If noise is not an issue, have fun with various rhymes and songs that allow them to get the wiggles out of their little bodies. Puzzles are great for that age.

Have fun!