Menu

Class Reunion tonight--what to wear

I am trying to figure out what to wear to my 20 year class reunion. It will be at 6:30 at night at a local hotel/conference center. There is no sit down meal, just heavy snacks on buffet tables. They will have an air band and I don't know what else. It was stated this was to give us a time to mix and mingle.

I just don't know what to wear. I have my church dresses but they are more dressy. Then I have my everyday clothes which consists of jeans and knit shirts. I don't really have much in between.

I have lost 70 pounds from where I was a few years ago but am still almost 50 pounds more than when I graduated.

If it matters, we are in West Michigan and it will be in the 70s outside.

Any ideas?

Our reunion was here in the south, so I'm not sure about regional style differences. The ladies wore dresses mostly. A few wore slacks with dressy (sequins or shiny) tops. We weren't given instructions for dress, but I'd say most of them went semi-formal. The men were split -- half in suits/half in slacks and dress shirts.

I remember the conversation here recently about new haircuts, new clothes, manicures . . . I didn't do any of that but didn't feel it.

On the weight thing: there were a few skinnies among us, but everyone else was overweight. Seriously. I was self-conscious when I was getting dressed. It went away when I got there.

I don't know if this is any help with your decision, but I hope you have a good time!

When I went to my dh's 20 high school reunion (planned very much as you described), I consulted my fashion conscious sil and she said you can't go wrong with the timeless semi-formal black dress. She helped me pick one out, added pearl earrings and lent me a pearl necklace. I also got new strappy black sandals with short heels. The outfit fit the occassion perfectly.

Have fun!

Ok, I am guessing my "dress" jeans and boots are out then. I will have to hunt in my closet for what to wear.

I have horses and the kids and I practically live in the barn. I guess I need to dress up a bit.

Maybe I will call a friend and see if her closet has anything to offer me.

I guess I also should have picked up my wedding ring yesterday as well. I had lost a diamond so it was in getting fixed.