Menu

Sonlight 5 Science...using this next year..Do you suggest getting

Gamom3

The Lyrical Science---The Human Body

What about Almost 12? That is the only book that I don't have that is listed in the IG

I have

Food and Nutrition for Every Kid

Usborne Guide to Rocks and Fossils

The Human Body

Blood & Guts: A Working Guide to Your Own Insides

Usborne Internet-Linked Complete Book of the Human Body

Improve Your Survival Skills

Dry Bones and Other Fossils

The History of Medicine

Computers for beginner(I guess I don't have the newer IG, since there is a different book online)

Anything else?

I purchased Lyrical Science. THe songs are absolutely awful. My kids tried but just could not tolerate them. Gotta admit that it was causing me some pain too...

Almost 12 is a pretty good little book, but definantly not a necessity. It covers the basics of puberty and s#x. You can most definantly cover that on your own if you haven't already. Mine learned nothing from it.

I'm preparing to use Sonlight 5 science next year, and neither is necessary IMHO.

You can listen to songs from Lyrical Life 3 via this link http://www.sonlight.com/RS53.html and see if it's your style. I got it for my younger one because she enjoys things like that, but we won't use it as part of our science time. I found just the CD for $12ppd on eBay a few weeks ago.

We're skipped "About 12" too because we're fine on that front. Living in a semi-rural area makes such discussions just a part of everyday life:).