Menu

Writing With Ease....now or later?

Mommamia

I have WW1 and was planning on using it with my 7 yr olds this year. Now, I'm realizing that I have too much curriculum and I'm saving a few things for next year.

Is there a recommended age range for WW1. Could I save it until they are 8 or even 9?

I just don't want to put too much on their plate this year....writing wise.

Thank you!

I have WW1 and was planning on using it with my 7 yr olds this year. Now, I'm realizing that I have too much curriculum and I'm saving a few things for next year.

Is there a recommended age range for WW1. Could I save it until they are 8 or even 9?

I just don't want to put too much on their plate this year....writing wise.

Thank you!

Yes you can save it till 8 or 9, but personally I would go ahead in 2nd grade if you can. Simply because the skills build on each other and if you start with a 9yo then you are playing catch up to get in all the skills for the first 4 levels and moving on, unless you are really relaxed in teaching writing so you will have time to do all the books without worry.

Heather

I'd go ahead and use it this year too. Realistically, if you do the book according to the schedule, there are 2 days of writing per week until you get to the second half of the book, when they have to copy their narration summary sentence (then it's just 3 days of writing one sentence). I don't think it's ever taken us more than 10 minutes.

I agree with Heather that if you put it off until 8 or 9, you'll either feel rushed to "catch up" or you'll just skip it.