Menu

RE: American History Suggestions for MS Boy

Julie

My son, when he was 11 and 12, really like Joy Hakim's History of US series. In fact, last year he was assigned books four and five, but ended up reading the entire 10-book set for free reading. It seems to have stuck, because occasionally he'll bring up facts or correct us over dinner table conversations.

Don't you love it when the pupil becomes more educated than the teacher. :001_smile:

My son really loved the Chester Comics we got from Homeschool Buyers Coop. He also likes a series of graphic novels on Civil War and WWII battles that we've gotten at Amazon, though I think I've seen them on Timberdoodle. I have seen some other ones at Timberdoodle that look good too.

oops -- I just saw you said early American history. Some of the Chester Comics do deal with these topics.

the Horrible Histories series by Terry Deary? (Not sure on the spelling of either of those)

We found one used and ds is loving it so much I think I'll buy the series.

Okay. Scratch that. How about some of the read alouds or advanced readers from Sonlight Cores 3 and 4? Great books!

Edited by zaichiki
oh no...wait... that's not American history. Sorry.