Menu

I got a new AC today! HOORAY!

I woke up to an 85 degree house this morning. It's been 100 degrees the last few days and was going up again. I had a daughter with an abcessed tooth I had to take to the dentist. We don't have dental ins. at this point (because I messed up). I called the dentist, who goes to church with us, and she said, don't worry, bring her in at one. The landlord said, be home at 2 for the AC man. I'm running all over sweating like a pig because at this point it's 94 degrees in my house.

We get to the dentist. She had to do basically a root canal and drain the abcess and replace a filling. I'm about to start crying because I can see the dollar signs adding up. She didn't charge us a penny. Wouldn't even let me pay half the bill. Nada.

So, we run home to meet the AC guy. Our old AC didn't cool well and ran 24/7, so I'm praying inside that he can't fix it (especially since I'm not paying for it). Sure enough, the compressor is shot and I get a new, more energy efficient, more powerful AC! Now, it is still 85 degrees in here. I'm sure it will take all night to cool off, but I don't care! I'm so happy!

I've needed a *good* day and today definately qualifies!