Menu

What is your preferred online source for College textbooks?

Liz CA

I know what you mean! I have done the same thing with ds. We've often looked at

http://www.dealoz.com

We usually end up buying them from Amazon Marketplace sellers. Just remember that usually it's a college kid selling, who doesn't understand book condition terminology, i.e., what "good" means.

We took the risk and bought our ds a physics book that was one edition older, thinking that he could look at one of his friends' books if he needed to. He hasn't so far - we'll see because he's taking 2nd semester Physics this fall.

We saved a fair amount by buying another book with the pre-release price from Amazon. Other than that, we save what we can by carefully buying used, swapping books with his friends, and selling to/from friends.

I hope you find some good deals!

GardenMom

We like ecampus because they sell new at lower prices than we found at Follett. We generally have to buy new since many on ds's texts include disk and computer work. The used texts are missing cd's and key codes a lot of the time which means extra money to try to find those.