Menu

Help Using Mind Benders and Red Herring with 5th Grader

tdeveson

This year (5th grade) we're going to start pre-logic with Mind Benders (A1) and Red Herring Mysteries Level 1. I've never used anything like this in my curriculum.

How do you do these? Do you complete one, then the other, or do you work on both books at once? How much time do you schedule each day/week?

I would appreciate any comments or advise you can offer. This is my first foray into teaching logic and I'm a little apprehensive.

Thanks.

I used these both last year with my 5th grader. The Red Herring stories we did together, they took about 5-10 minutes and we did them 3 times a week. I used the Mind Benders CD-ROM and she spent 20 minutes once or twice a week on them. They were both comfortably finished by the end of the year.

• 6 months later...
I used these both last year with my 5th grader. The Red Herring stories we did together, they took about 5-10 minutes and we did them 3 times a week. I used the Mind Benders CD-ROM and she spent 20 minutes once or twice a week on them. They were both comfortably finished by the end of the year.

So, do you recommend the CD-Rom over the workbook then? Do the workbooks come with the answers in them?

Thanks!

Dorinda

WHOOPS! Didn't realize this thread was more than a year old. Sorry!

So, do you recommend the CD-Rom over the workbook then? Do the workbooks come with the answers in them?

Thanks!

Dorinda

WHOOPS! Didn't realize this thread was more than a year old. Sorry!

I don't think that is a big deal.

The workbooks do have the answers in the back. I haven't used the Cd's though.

Heather