Menu

Does anyone know of a homeschool group near Belleville, IL?

I live in a small town east of O'Fallon/Belleville, Illinois area where there is very little homeschool activities to be involved in. When we moved here about 3 years ago, we attended a homeschool group in St. Louis but it just became too difficult to make that drive(it was about an 1 1/2 hour drive for activities) but I can be to Belleville in about an hour.

My boys are going into grades 7th and 8th and need some extra activities. We take guitar here in town on Wed. afternoons and will be taking art on Thursdays for the 3rd year at our local art museum(Cedarhurts which is good).

I would like to join a group where we could maybe attend field trips, or even a class that meets weekly, or twice a month to meet some kids.

They have taken archery classes at Townhall Archery over there a couple of years back.

Thanks for any info.

I am about 30-45 minutes north of that, and if you were up here, I could really hook you up!

There are several groups there. SCCHE is the biggest: http://sccche.org/homepage.aspx. It has the most activities, but it has a restrictive statement of faith and the culture that goes with that, so be aware of that.

Scott Air Force Base has a really nice one, if you qualify for that. Or there is an awesome Catholic group (pm me if you want contact info for that). There are also several Classical conversations groups starting in Shiloh, but I don't know if they are going far enough up in age for your kids.

Hope you find something.

Hi! I live in Ballwin. Can't really help you much, though...my kids are a LOT younger than yours. Just thought I'd say, "Hi!!" :D I know there is a homeschool group in west county and there are tons of churches here in west county with co-ops and classes. Other than that, I don't have much knowledge in that arena either...

Do you know anyone that is involved in the SCCHE group? I looked on their site and it looks like they do have activities we would be interested in. I'm ok with it being a Christian-based group but I want the emphasis to be on fun and education and not on religion.