Menu

Another question about IEW's History-based Writing......

Janie

Can you use these easily IF you have not used IEW before, or is there a lot of prior knowledge needed that comes from using IEW previously?

I think some familiarity with the IEW model would be very helpful. There have been other threads on this topic, and you'd probably be able to find a variety of opinions there.

Personally, I started my kids with SWI-A (borrowed from a friend), then did the first half of SICC-A, and this year will do the Ancient History lessons. I've only watched a bit of TWSS, but I own the resource notebook. You'd want to get a general overview of the units, dress-ups, and stylistic techniques before beginning to teach, I think. In fact, IEW now sells an overview DVD for TWSS. You may want to check that out.

Good luck,

Tiffany

and purchased the TWSS DVD's and the Middle Ages History Based Lessons. It was simple to teach and my daughter could do it also. The DVD's really helped me understand how to teach it. I purchased my used and IEW has a For Sale forum to purchase used material.

Julie