Menu

phonics workbook for K

blessedmom3

I think it would be okay to use just the workbook, depending on the needs of your child.

I have the TM but, do not use it.

It will advise you on additional exercises beyond simply completing the workbook lesson. It also provides comprehension questions for the coordinating readers and provides questions for the "word list" that is shown within each reader. As I am looking through it, I see that it gives directions on how to complete the simple assesment tests that are part of the workbook. It offers more direction than I have listed here as well. I would say that if you were to utilize the TM, the program would certainly be more well rounded and complete.

The only reason that I am not using the TM is because my daughter is technically beyond the K material but, I am having her go through it anyway because we will start right away with a 1st grade phonics program and I want her to be well prepared for the transition. PLus, I bought the program and I really want to be able to finish it and not have yet another unused program sitting on my shelf!:banghead:

If your child places right into a K phonics program I would recommend the TM because it offers a lot of additional guidance and suggestions.

If it were necessary however, you could get through with just the workbook.

I would recommend that if you are interested in McRuffy, email Brian from the contact page right on the McRuffy website. He is very helpful and typically responds right away. Also, there is a new Yahoo group for McRuffy users that might be helpful as well.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/McRuffyusers/?yguid=321885823