Menu

HWOT-if you use this, do you find the teacher manuals necessary?

94txaggie

I have the Pre-K and 2nd grade t.m. and didn't find that I needed either. We are going to start the cursive (3rd) grade and don't want to spend the money if I don't need to but not sure if it's needed for cursive instruction. Anybody else have experience with it? Does the student book have enough instruction in it to get by without the t.m.?

Thanks!

We've used HWOT with great success for 4 years now. It was the only program that made ds10's handwriting legible. I used the manual for the first printing and cursive book we used. I think you could get by without it though..... After that, I pretty much knew how to use the program. YMMV.

Edited by laurad1125

I have the Pre-K and 2nd grade t.m. and didn't find that I needed either. We are going to start the cursive (3rd) grade and don't want to spend the money if I don't need to but not sure if it's needed for cursive instruction. Anybody else have experience with it? Does the student book have enough instruction in it to get by without the t.m.?

I have all the manuals, but rarely use them. Personally, I'd say to save the money and spend it on something fun!

Tiffany

I found that the teacher's manual was most helpful when remediating a child that has developed bad habits and has poor grip and formation. I don't know that I would have found it as needed if we would have started out without the bad habits formed.

It really helped me with the remediation and what to expect from my child. I have the newer teacher's guide for printing power and was very glad that I got the teacher's guide. It helped me to figure out all of my child's weak areas and bad habits and to correct them.

If you are using HWOT to remediate handwriting issues, I would get the teacher's manual. If you are teaching to write from the beginning with HWOT, then I think it is just a personal preference. I don't think I would get it if I weren't remediating.