Menu

Brainware Safari - now or wait a bit?

We haven't started any therapies yet. We will be doing OT & SP, and then VT at home on the computer for 30 minutes a day 5 days a week.

But i might be able to buy Brainware for DD (i'm actually thinking of having the oldest go thru it too), but i'm not sure if i should wait to get into the other therapies a bit first.

Or maybe at least wait until all the evals & testing are done?

I just don't know...... any opinions?

My son loves this but we have been so inconsitent with it I am afraid he may not benefit from it. Since buying it we have had several evals, rescheduled several therapies, had mini vacations, unexpected guests, and more. I really wish I had waited to start it later when we were back into a school routine and had fewer interruptions. I don't think therapy in itself has made much difference in starting or not, but life interruptions have. Does that make sense?

Did you know Homeschool Buyer's Co-op is doing a group buy on it right now that expires at the end of this month? I don't know if they will extend it again or not, but that could influence your decision to go ahead and purchase the software and just not start using it until you were ready. If that makes any sense....

DS13 has been using it for a few weeks. Some of it is really difficult for him; he has a slow working memory and processing speed. But, of course, that's why we bought it.

I cannot tell you if he has benefitted from it yet, but he has slightly improved on some of those difficult "games".

DS cringes when he has to play it, because he knows I'll force him to do the more difficult activities.

With all that said, I would buy it again in a heartbeat, especially for the price the co-op has!!!

My son loves this but we have been so inconsitent with it I am afraid he may not benefit from it. Since buying it we have had several evals, rescheduled several therapies, had mini vacations, unexpected guests, and more. I really wish I had waited to start it later when we were back into a school routine and had fewer interruptions. I don't think therapy in itself has made much difference in starting or not, but life interruptions have. Does that make sense?

That does make sense. OUr lives/schedule is in upheaval right now, so starting now might not be a good thing. Except, we are doing school unless we have an appointment. I guess i'll have to study the schedule right now and see how it looks.

Did you know Homeschool Buyer's Co-op is doing a group buy on it right now that expires at the end of this month? I don't know if they will extend it again or not, but that could influence your decision to go ahead and purchase the software and just not start using it until you were ready. If that makes any sense....

Yup, i've been trying to buy it since December from them (and it was $10 cheaper back then for the DL version). I was happy they extended it this month because i couldn't pull it off last month!

DS13 has been using it for a few weeks. Some of it is really difficult for him; he has a slow working memory and processing speed. But, of course, that's why we bought it.

I cannot tell you if he has benefitted from it yet, but he has slightly improved on some of those difficult "games".

DS cringes when he has to play it, because he knows I'll force him to do the more difficult activities.

With all that said, I would buy it again in a heartbeat, especially for the price the co-op has!!!

I'm not sure if my 13 needs it, but it couldn't hurt (she leans to ADD), and would give me a good feel for the program for the middle one before she did it.

OK, more to ponder!