Menu

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day scent question

I'm having a hard time figuring out what the various Mrs. Meyer's scents really smell like...anyone use this brand of cleaning supplies? I want to order online rather than run all over town trying to find this thing.

I'm interested in the Basil scent. Some reviews state it is overpowering, not herbal, others say it is very fresh and clean smelling. I like clean, green, herbal scents. I don't want my house to smell like a rosey perfumery.

Anyone familiar?

Thanks!

Guest Alte Veste Academy
I'm having a hard time figuring out what the various Mrs. Meyer's scents really smell like...anyone use this brand of cleaning supplies? I want to order online rather than run all over town trying to find this thing.

I'm interested in the Basil scent. Some reviews state it is overpowering, not herbal, others say it is very fresh and clean smelling. I like clean, green, herbal scents. I don't want my house to smell like a rosey perfumery.

Anyone familiar?

Thanks!

It's soooo hard to convey scent online! Really, it's so individual, like perfume. What you love will give someone else a headache and vice versa. Basil was so-so for me, too herby. The new Snap Pea fragrance is too strong and I despise the smell. My favorites are Lemon Verbena (very clean smelling, not at all like lemon either) and Rhubarb (their seasonal last year...can find it hit or miss in the cleaning kit only now).

Is there anywhere close to you that you could go to sample? I swear I saw some at Target recently. Sal Suds too, for that matter.

http://www.mrsmeyers.com/StoreLocator.aspx

Oh, if you have any friends who are interested, you could buy an all-purpose of each scent and divvy them up according to who likes what best. I make my own counter spray with the all-purpose cleaner. It lasts much longer that way. :001_smile:

Of the scents I have tried, Basil is my absolute favorite. It smells... clean... somewhat sweet with a little bit of a peppery punch. My kids often comment on how good it smells after I have used it.

The Gardenia (I think? pink label) was a little too floral for my taste, but not a bad aroma. It did made me feel like sneezing. :) Wow, I have to agree about the Sugar Snap Pea scent. What were they thinking? I actually took mine to the dump. Please no offense to anyone who may like it!

I thought the Lemon Verbena was... okay. The Lavender laundry something or other was fine, but I think I like my good old Downy April Fresh fabric softener the best.

I find that the products work very well~ the all purpose cleaner which you reconstitute at home with water is a good bargain in my book.

Cindy the Sniffer, who can detect one part per billion of most substances :D

ETA: Geranium, that's it~ not gardenia.

Edited by Cindy in the NH Woods

I didn't know that the company sold an "herbal" variant. I like the geranium. It is not a sweet, heavy floral, but inclines towards the "flowery/grassy".

Gardenia ? Snap pea ? Never saw these in the stores, either !

All I ever have seen are the lavender, geranium, lemon-verbena, and a gruesome peppermint (sold back last Nativity season).

Anyone familiar?

Thanks!

I didn't like the geranium scent. I haven't tried anything else.