Menu

TWEAKING -- 5th grade plan -- suggestions for Science, pls (thanks)

A BIG thank you:001_smile: for the comments/explanations regarding my original plan for dd 5th grade-- see below.

BLUE -- still deciding and researching based on feedback. I am cobbling History for 3rd and 5th and I would like to cobble Science.

RED -- Definite Change -- Will use with 3rd grade twins so I can cobble History. I am following the excellent advice from someone to 'move away' from the sequence that my dks had in ps.

MATH - Saxon 6/5

SCIENCE - Real Chemistry OR RS4K Chemistry I (Feedback, experiences, pls be specific)

HISTORY - Biblioplan -- Medieval Ren Ref.

LATIN - Christiana? - this will be Madison's 3rd year of Latin -- Going to look at Latin Form (Mem)

WORLD GEOGRAPHY - "Mapping the World" by Heartlite and "Geography through Literature" by Hollings

LANGUAGE ARTS - Small Group IEW Class; "Worldly Wise 3000"

LITERATURE - to include: The Door in the Wall; The Bronze Bow; Beowulf; King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table; Anne of Green Gables; Island of the Blue Dolphins;

BIBLE and POETRY/MEMORIZATION - Undecided - seriously considering ALL of the excellent suggestions I was given.

If you are still with me, THANKS! I would love suggestions on Science - I really liked the Science Books I saw on Pandia -- I would like to do Chemistry and Life Science for all three kids. I loved the Chem kits on Pandia.

Thanks -- I will not be back on-line till tonight. We are putting together a 'guest room' to accomodate the onslaught of houseguests we are having next week. Funny, no one came to visit when we lived in a HUGE house. Now that we are in a teeny, weeny, little house, EVERYONE wants to come and visit.....DH and I are sorting through approx. 75 Rubbermaid Storage Containers and putting the 'keepers' in the attic (which is also teeny weeny). ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: THAT about says it all!

Have to go -- DS just dropped the measuring tape into the toilet AFTER doing his business --I can only guess WHAT he was doing! LATER!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I like Ellen McHenry's Elements Intro to Chemistry, as well as her organic chemistry text. Sorry to add more to your list!

:iagree: I was really amazed at the depth and content of the lessons. I recommended it to a friend who has a rising 4th grader. She liked the looks of it, too.