Menu

Any Mac users using TT?

We have a Mac with an Intel processor running windows. :tongue_smilie: TT runs just fine.

Here's a funny review on http://www.christianbook.com from someone using this set-up:

"I have yet to use this curriculum in the classroom, however my comments are more about the (Windows) issue. Yes, I'm a Mac user and always have been and never, ever, would consider a switch, not even for this fabulous Teaching Textbook program. O.K. Mac users, here's what I did... First you need a Mac with the Intel processor like the newer laptops. I've got a MacBook Pro. I quickly purchased Windows XP. Even though it is no longer produced, you may be able to find it in store inventory. I did this because I've heard Vista has way too many problems. (Another reason Mac users chuckle) I also purchased Parallels in order to run OSX and Windows at the same time without having to reboot. SWEEEEET! The installation process for Windows is excruciating in comparison to what us Mac users are familiar with. I've had a very limited experience with Windows and could not have completed this task without my Windows expert brother on the phone with his friendly IT guy. So, If you don't have access to 2 Windows experts, I would recommend you take it to your nearest Apple store and have a pro load it for you. It could save you numerous wasted hours, several words you'd rather not say, and you may actually like it better if you didn't have to struggle so much with it in advance. The struggle caused me to loathe Windows a little more than I should. I do have Math 5, Math 6 and a few other Windows only software working very well and am completely happy, well... except for the fact that Teaching Textbooks should have all their programs Mac Compatible, after all it is once again the leader in education."

Edited by amtmcm