Menu

FOR NC LADIES (and TN and WV and well, anyone really!)

We are going to be in western NC for about a week or so. We have close friends down there that we will be visiting. They have 10 acres with a barn that they have renovated into a fellowship hall.

Well, we are going to have a big barbecue-praise-and-worship shindig at their barn while we are there and you are all INVITED!

They have a huge screen that they show videos on and put the words to the songs, a full band with drums and guitar and keyboards, etc. We are going to grill hamburgers and hotdogs, spend some time fellowshipping, some time with praise and worship music, possibly listen to a short talk on "the Great Commission" and spend some time in prayer. Then it is volleyball and a bonfire with s'mores, etc. etc. etc.

It will be on Friday, July 3rd from 4pm to whenever! All night!

They live in Nebo, NC, which is about 45 minutes west of Asheville off of I-40. If you want to come, pm me and I will give you the address. We just ask that you bring a dish to pass (we'll provide the burgers and hot dogs) and of course kids are welcome ...the more the merrier! You can fit a lot of people on 10 acres!

I would love to see you there as it is sort of our "send-off" before we leave for Malaysia.

Also, if you are worried about the drive, you can pitch a tent or a pop-up or whatever on their property and sleep there Friday night before heading home. There are 3 bathrooms for your ...ummm..."use" :D (but no showers as their well can't handle that many).

Interested? PM ME!!!! WOO HOO! I am SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!

We are going to be in western NC for about a week or so. We have close friends down there that we will be visiting. They have 10 acres with a barn that they have renovated into a fellowship hall.

Well, we are going to have a big barbecue-praise-and-worship shindig at their barn while we are there and you are all INVITED!

They have a huge screen that they show videos on and put the words to the songs, a full band with drums and guitar and keyboards, etc. We are going to grill hamburgers and hotdogs, spend some time fellowshipping, some time with praise and worship music, possibly listen to a short talk on "the Great Commission" and spend some time in prayer. Then it is volleyball and a bonfire with s'mores, etc. etc. etc.

It will be on Friday, July 3rd from 4pm to whenever! All night!

They live in Nebo, NC, which is about 45 minutes west of Asheville off of I-40. If you want to come, pm me and I will give you the address. We just ask that you bring a dish to pass (we'll provide the burgers and hot dogs) and of course kids are welcome ...the more the merrier! You can fit a lot of people on 10 acres!

I would love to see you there as it is sort of our "send-off" before we leave for Malaysia.

Also, if you are worried about the drive, you can pitch a tent or a pop-up or whatever on their property and sleep there Friday night before heading home. There are 3 bathrooms for your ...ummm..."use" :D (but no showers as their well can't handle that many).

Interested? PM ME!!!! WOO HOO! I am SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!

Oh, that sounds like so much FUN!! How generous of you and your friends, too! My sister lives in Wilmington, and so we visited NC in 2006 and 2007 - I LOVED NC and would love to move there. Would love to come and meet you and send you off, too, but won't be able to. It has been fun reading about you getting ready.

How is your dh?

And were you able to find Art Sanborn's book yet?

Just bumping this to remind you all. One small change though...instead of burgers and hot do gs we've decided to do tons of pasta, salad, bread, etc. So if you want to bring something you can bring a dessert but it is NOT necessary. PM me for the address! Those of you who have already repsonded...we'll see you there!!!!!!!