Menu

Washingtonians---Best place to live near Seattle?

I like Edmonds-it's near the water and the downtown pedestrian mall is quite nice. Lots of classes at the community center for kids and has a great farmer's market. Housing seems to have a quite a large range in price depending on how new you want or if you want a view. The commute would depend on where you were in Edmonds but probably only about 40 min at most? That's just a ballpark....I never had to drive it in rush hour. But even in rush hour I could get from Everett to Seattle in an hour and that's another 20+ min north of Edmonds.

Good luck-I miss the Seattle area so much!!!! We just moved from there last year :(

My parents live in Bothell, but just across the county border in Snohomish. The taxes aren't quite as bad as King County taxes, and the housing prices seem to be a bit better as well. When they go into Seattle, they either go across 224th (I think that's right) to Alderwood Mall and get on I-5 there, or go up 405 from Canyon Park, then down I-5. Rarely do they go south on 405 to Bellevue and cross Lake Wash. on 520 or to MI and cross I-90...traffic just too crazy.

Nice people, nice parks, convenient shopping, but pretty suburban stripmall-ey for me. But still nice.

Auburn and Kent have some nice areas.

Edmonds is beautiful.

Everett has some nice areas (out by Silver Lake/Mill Creek), as does Bothell.

All of those areas will be considerably more expensive than Puyallup though (well, maybe not Auburn & Kent). Can he take the Sounder? That would at least free up his time commuting for reading, emails, phone calls, etc. I have a friend who works 1 hr. on the Sounder and 7 hrs. at work.

There are nice parts in Tacoma, I'd find someone who really knows the area though because there are some awful parts too. And Federal Way isn't so bad if you go west (Twin Lakes area) or in the Peasley Canyon area...my husband wouldn't consider it though, because it meant doing our shopping, errands, etc. in Federal Way. I wouldn't have minded so much, but he works there and I think just wanted some space.