Menu

Bible Study Guide for All Ages--TM

Spetzi

I pulled one of my TM off the shelf to help you. They are essentially the same for each level. I have had mine for about 3 years, and I don't think they have changed them in that time. The TM is about 1.5 inches thich and 3 hole punched in a plastic binder. It has sections titled Instructions, Lessons, Study Helps, Drills and Maps, and Visuals. In the instructions section are game ideas, timeline ideas, and other teaching ideas.

The most information is on each lesson page. It begins with a few drill questions from previous lessons. The drills are usually memory questions from previous lessons but may also be games, retelling of Bible stories, Bible usage activities, or timeline activities. Then you have reveiw questions. Next is the main text followed by lists of additional scripture you may want to read relating to the main text as backgroud information and such. Next is a section called According to the Dictionary. Here terms from the reading are explained. Sometimes they are maps knowledge or concepts or family lineage. Next you have 7 questions about today's lessons. The review questions above and the lesson questions are divided into color codes according to difficulty. Yellow is the most important information from the passage - like the main idea. Then you have 3 more levels of importance of decreasing importance. These questions become the review questions in future lessons. (I eventually put mine on color coded index cards as flash cards to make it easier to find them in future lessons).

After all this is the Map section. Here you use the map you can purchase or the map you copy from the back of the book and label sections important to the lesson. Then you have the timeline instructions.

At the end of the lesson are a song title or 2 that you can learn. They have them all on CD but the CD is acapella and just 2 or 3 singers usually. Enough for you to learn the words and tune if you want to learn it for personal worship.

Next is "Bible Words to Say together". You can use this for application and discussion or for memory work. Then there is a prayer time suggestion and finally there is a visual activity suggestion. Usually the visual activity has to do with helping the student make a notebook of some sort. This is designed to be used without the student pages if wanted. Mine has copies od the old student pages (they recently redid them) in the back. They are essentially sick people comics telling main points about the passage.

I hope this helps. I have used the student pages alone, but I have also used the TM with student pages. When I have followed the lessons in the TM we have learned and retained much more of the information taught.