Menu

tanglewood education

i'm thinking about using the booklist on tanglewood education for 2nd grade. wondering if anyone used this and supplemented with other books? if, yes, could you share which ones? also, what version of robin hood would you recommend? the one on their list is not available anymore. thanks for any help!

if you do a search for "tanglewood", I'm sure you would come up with some answers. I know it's not talked about as much because the lady who developed it is no longer updating the site. She does have a great booklist and schedules though. It looks like a really great year!

i'm thinking about using the booklist on tanglewood education for 2nd grade. wondering if anyone used this and supplemented with other books? if, yes, could you share which ones? also, what version of robin hood would you recommend? the one on their list is not available anymore. thanks for any help!

I used several books from the literature section as well as the poetry memorization this year (2nd grade). I'm thinking we used the first grade list though because this was our first year homeschooling and I didn't want my daughter to miss out on the good books listed for first. We did add in books as well. Some of those came from selections used in Writing With Ease. If my daughter showed an interest in a book, we'd get it from the library & she'd read. I don't think you can go wrong with any books on Tanglewood.

There are also no less that a zillion :) booklists on this site. If you do a search you'll find plenty of supplemental books. Plus, the book lists in Sonlight & Veritas Press catalogs are good, as well as the Ambleside Online list. And yet another list: The Good Books.