Menu

Switching from Saxon 76 to Singapore or something...

(1) First of all, can you switch from Saxon to Singapore easily?

(2) Where would you start in Singapore with a gifted soon-to-be 4th grader who just breezed through Saxon 76 and is soooo bored with the spiral curriculum of Saxon?

(3) Is there a different curriculum (pre-algebra?) that we should consider?

(4) I would like to do Jacob's Algebra with him eventually... I think he may be able to handle it now, but I don't want him to miss anything... should I consider going right to that?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by babysparkler

Did you see the placement tests for Singapore? I just switched my dd who finished Saxon 65 to Singapore. She placed into 4A, but she has gone through it VERY quickly and will start 4B soon, which will probably go much slower. I went ahead and purchased through 5B, so that we'll have them all around. 5A and 5B look MUCH more advanced. We're using the Standards Ed. BTW. It has some topics that are not covered in the US edition.

I'm seriously considering NEM for her when she's finished with the Primary books, but we have a while before we have to decide for sure.