Menu

What is a week of Winston Grammar like?

our schedule looked like this.

Monday-go over the teacher's notes together, work the sample sentences with the cards. I made sure that there was complete understanding before moving on.

Tuesday-child does 3 sentences-no more than that, as usually there are twelve, which works perfect for the week and the constant repetition is what makes the lessons memorable. I did not have my child use the cards, except for reference after the first initial introduction day.

Wed.-3 sentences

Thurs.-3 sentences

Fri.-3 sentences

On days that there were more sentences, they were evenly divided in the week.

Some people do a lesson a week. This is not wise as then it is the same as doing a worksheet lesson where the last lesson is quickly forgotten.

I loved that there is constant review of previously learned lessons. We have had such a great experience using Winston this year. My son is working on Word Works this summer, and we will start Winston Advanced for our 9th grade year. :) This should be sometime between July and August.

Blessings,

Dee

My son does half a worksheet twice a week. I sit with him and go over any new concepts for a few minutes at the beginning of each new worksheet (ideally, anyway.......sometimes its after wards, and he just goes over the completed worksheet and adds in the new concept...)

Its only takes him a few minutes each day. Maybe 10?