Menu

Christmas Cards!

While out of town yesterday, dh and ds decided to stop by the Habitat for Humanity store and browse around for *guy* stuff. Since dh wouldn't even think of putting the a/c on (in 90+ degrees), I couldn't stay in the car and read my book, so I figured I'd go in and browse too. Boy was I ever surprised! The whole front room of this enormous, many-roomed two-story building, was more like a yard sale of new items drastically reduced! And I found unopened boxes of Christmas cards for a dollar!

Years ago I became rather picky about cards . . . I decided ONE design only for everyone on the list because otherwise I sit there wasting time trying to match the picture AND the verse with the person or family:tongue_smilie: So to save time, I now buy ONE Christian design - sure saves time! Well, they had enough boxes of the SAME design for our list! They had one lone box of another design that I really liked a lot, so I decided I'd use that one for church, and the other design for the mailing list of cards.

I haven't bought Christmas cards this early in a gazillion ages! Who knows, maybe I'll even get them signed, addressed and mailed BEFORE Christmas this year!:D

I haven't bought Christmas cards this early in a gazillion ages! Who knows, maybe I'll even get them signed, addressed and mailed BEFORE Christmas this year!:D

That is great! Just please send them sometime after Nov 1st. I know once the school year starts it is hard to get that type of stuff done, so just because you may get them done in August, please wait to mail them ! LOL

P.S. If you do get them done early make sure to use the "forever" stamps so that if they decide to keep raising rates, you don't get caught having to add postage :001_huh:

That is great! Just please send them sometime after Nov 1st. I know once the school year starts it is hard to get that type of stuff done, so just because you may get them done in August, please wait to mail them ! LOL

P.S. If you do get them done early make sure to use the "forever" stamps so that if they decide to keep raising rates, you don't get caught having to add postage :001_huh:

Oh that is good advice! I hadn't thought of that!:)

Your first paragraph reminded me of a friend who, long years ago, signed, sealed, addressed, and stamped about a hundred cards in July or August - and when December came couldn't remember where they were and ended up buying ALL NEW cards and doing the whole thing over again!:tongue_smilie: