Menu

exercise/runner thread: I just had to post

I've been working on a running plan, to get me running for 30 minutes, and I did it! On Friday and then again yesterday, I was able to complete 30 minutes of running. I didn't run fast. I only went just over 2 miles, but I did it. It has been hard to get here, but I'm excited that I made it.

My next goal is to be able to run in our town's 5k this fall. I've been running outside a lot more, which is nice. I have to run in the heat if I'm going to run in our race here. It's usually in the upper 80's or 90's that time of year.

Thanks to everyone here who have always been so encouraging, and for all of the runners who post about your races and training; you've been great motivation!

I've been working on a running plan, to get me running for 30 minutes, and I did it! On Friday and then again yesterday, I was able to complete 30 minutes of running. I didn't run fast. I only went just over 2 miles, but I did it. It has been hard to get here, but I'm excited that I made it.

My next goal is to be able to run in our town's 5k this fall. I've been running outside a lot more, which is nice. I have to run in the heat if I'm going to run in our race here. It's usually in the upper 80's or 90's that time of year.

Thanks to everyone here who have always been so encouraging, and for all of the runners who post about your races and training; you've been great motivation!

Congrats!! I could have written your post just a few months ago regarding slowly building up on distance and being shocked that I could run 2 miles...now I'm just over 3 but I still never thought I could do this. It is very exciting...as I did it for the first time I was reciting under my breath," Those who hope in the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall run and not grow weary....."

Keep up the good work;)

Blessings,

kathi