Menu

My Father's World New Edition of ECC...

Amy in KS

I just received my 2nd edition manual today. I've done 1st edition twice, thought it would be fun to see the new version.

There were several significant improvements to the manual in terms of scheduling the jr. high requirements, and more helps and hints for teaching, and moving book basket list to the back of the manual instead of front of each continent. Cosmetic change: adding in check boxes for each grid box. I've heard they'll have the sample of the 2nd edition up on the website soon.

The student sheets are really improved from the ones that had to be copied from the appendix of first edition manual. The student materials include map work (no more photocopying from World Geography book for blank maps or from A Trip around the World for flag pages. And the student maps are higher quality, in my opinion). Student sheets include full color pre made geography game.

New things added to 2nd edition:

Wild Places (Usborne) was dropped. Ecosystems was added. Also, in the student sheets for ECC 2nd edition you'll find student notebooking pages for the Ecosystem book.

Addition of a newly written book on Bible translation (God Speaks Numanggang). It's a missionary story and "seed planting" story for families to think of the importance of translating the Bible into heart languages of other people who want it, and how to be involved in that in many ways.

and reprinting of Kingdom Tales and it includes discussion questions in the book.

I've found the 2nd edition manual has more helps and hints for how to do research for continent research packets., general hints for teaching, sample of a Country Summary Sheet. Scheduling of how to use Great Animal Search.

So, things were added, hints and helps were added. Reformatting in some places. New map work.

-crystal

Amy,

yes, I think it could be done based on what I see.

The student sheets aren't permitted to be photocopied (copyrights and agreements with the map makers and Ecosystem book publisher and the fact that some of it is in full color, so it gets to be hard). So you'd need one set per student. And you'd want to have the Ecosystem book if you go that route as there are worksheets for that book in the student sheet.

Then in first edition manual, you'll just ignore most parts of the photocopy list at the beginning of each continent for maps, flag making pages. Even with the 2nd edition student sheets, there will be a few pages from A Trip Around the World and Another Trip Around the World that will need a photocopy (things like crossword puzzles, and language activity pages). But that's just a few pages over the whole year.

Consider getting the parent pack too: has an extra copy of the geography game, and a Chinese checkers game that is suggested, and some other stuff. I forgot to order one. blush.

-crystal