Menu

Help! Need a Scripture . . .

A young family in our church is moving and I would like to include a Scripture with the announcement of their new address, etc. - something about going with God's blessings - or some-such - and I am drawing a total blank.:glare: Any suggestions? TIA!:)

Numbers 6:24-26 (New International Version)

24 " ' "The LORD bless you

and keep you;

25 the LORD make his face shine upon you

and be gracious to you;

26 the LORD turn his face toward you

and give you peace." '

:iagree: I love that one!!

the announcement of their new address, etc./QUOTE]

From one man he made all the people of the world. Now they live all over the earth. He decided exactly when they should live. And he decided exactly where they should live. Acts 17:26

(OK, it's 1) out of context and 2) says nothing about blessing, but I have always liked that verse when I need reassurance about where I am living :)!)

You have probably already submitted your bulletin entry. Even so, I'll add another verse: Proverbs 25:25 "Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land." This is a good one if you want to encourage people to keep in touch.

This is good, too - Thank You! I am including their new snail mail address as well as blog address (at their request) - so hopefully all will keep in touch!:)

I do the bulletin from start to finish and ds hands it out on Sunday mornings, so I can still modify the draft copy (haven't copied to the real bulletins yet).:D

another one that you may want to include as an oral reading is Philippians 1:

i use it for a lot of Thank Yous.....

Thanksgiving and Prayer

3I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

7It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. 8God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.

9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, 11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.