Menu

Introducing Myself

Guest dingledine

Guest dingledine

Hello, I just stumbled upon this forum. I have home schooled for several years. Mostly my now teenager. I actually stopped home schooling him last year, but am reconsidering it. He however is a challenging special child to teach and really struggles in school.

On the other hand, I have a little boy who just turned 4 and he is whizzing through Saxon1. He is reading a little, but not much, although he has known his basic phonics since he was 2, he cannot seem to "Put it all together". He lags in speech though, so that might be part of the problem. Anyway, at this rate he will be working on Saxon2 by next fall, he just DOWNS it. He begs for me to do math with him, everyday, sometimes 2x a day. I have a NEW baby though, so I haven't had as much time to work with him as I would like.

Anyway, I thought I would just say hi!

Hello, I just stumbled upon this forum. I have home schooled for several years. Mostly my now teenager. I actually stopped home schooling him last year, but am reconsidering it. He however is a challenging special child to teach and really struggles in school.

On the other hand, I have a little boy who just turned 4 and he is whizzing through Saxon1. He is reading a little, but not much, although he has known his basic phonics since he was 2, he cannot seem to "Put it all together". He lags in speech though, so that might be part of the problem. Anyway, at this rate he will be working on Saxon2 by next fall, he just DOWNS it. He begs for me to do math with him, everyday, sometimes 2x a day. I have a NEW baby though, so I haven't had as much time to work with him as I would like.

Anyway, I thought I would just say hi!

Hello! :) And welcome. :) I'm pretty new here myself. I have a two special children too. :) I hope you enjoy your time here. Congratulations on your new baby. :)