Menu

Help! I've sold something and sent it via media mail...

Dh mailed the package from work on Feb. 11. It may have not went out until Feb. 12. However, it has not arrived. How long do you ask someone to wait on media mail? And, what is the proper response if it does not arrive in the allotted time frame? I haven't had this happen before. :(

Sounds like you know it would normally it would be there by now, but it can take longer. I guess if it were me, I'd check the USPS site and see if you can find what they say about how long it takes, so you can share that info. with the buyer. Then I'd ask her if she's willing to wait a little longer or what would she like to do.

I would be in communication with her often, letting her know you are checking into it or trying to find out how long it takes to ship or whatever-just let her know it's concerning you too and you are doing all you can to take care of the matter. Hope it pops up really soon though!

In addition to what others have said about how long it takes, I think it's always a good idea to purchase delivery confirmation with your postage. DC is only 18 cents if you purchase and print out your postage at home. If you have a PayPal account, you can do it through them. Just click on PayPal MultiOrder Shipping after you log on. You can also add insurance this way.

If the package does not arrive, you have to refund the buyer's money. DC allows you both to know whether the package was actually delivered or not. Who has to recoup from insurance depends on who purchases it, I think. (The person who pays for it has to claim it from the post office.)