Menu

If you know how to use Photoshop Elements, please help

All I want to do is put a couple of pictures together into one arrangement.

I want to take two separate photos and place them side-by-side. I actually would like to be able to put 3 or 5 or whatever number of pictures into a collage arrangement of my choosing. I figure if I could just figure out how to do two then doing more would be intuitive.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to do this.

Please, someone, intervene. I would really appreciate this random act of kindness.

Love and kisses,

Cookie eating Katrina

There are a couple different ways you could do it.

First, you could open a new document (it isn't a document in PSE, but I forget the name!!!) in editor, and set the size for whatever size. I would do maybe 8 x 10, an easily printed out size, if you are going to print the collage. Or if its for a signature or blog header, smaller. Whatever size you need. Set the background to white.

Then open the photos you want to put next to each other. Drag them with the move tool onto your new white document. You can then resize them so they will all fit.

OR, you can go to the Photo Creations menu and use one of the card templates they already have. They have arrangements of 2-3-4 photos already, with frames.

Hope that helps!

I use the full photoshop, but I have also fallen in love with picnik, a FREE online editing program. You don't even have to sign up. Just go to picnik.com and upload any photo you want to work on. They have collage templates available, though there are a few more to choose from if you upgrade to the premium package for only 24.95 a year. The program is EASY to use. I mean SUPER EASY. For the collages, you just click and drag. You can add frames to photos, text, remove blemishes (did I mention it is EASY?). There are so many things I have not been able to figure out in photoshop (maybe I'm a slow learner) that took about 2 seconds in picnik.

Just a suggestion. :)

I use the full photoshop, but I have also fallen in love with picnik, a FREE online editing program. ....Just a suggestion. :)

Thank you for your kind suggestion. :)

I've used picnik a little bit - although I've never tried collages. If this PSE stuff doesn't work out, I'll probably go back to this.

Then open the photos you want to put next to each other. Drag them with the move tool onto your new white document. You can then resize them so they will all fit.

This is where my palms start sweating. I swear I've tried this before and nothin'-doin'. Then again, I'm not sure I opened a new document (or whatever PSE calls it :) ). I'm going to leave now and try this...

OR, you can go to the Photo Creations menu and use one of the card templates they already have. They have arrangements of 2-3-4 photos already, with frames.

I have looked at their ready-made setup and was distressed to realize that I already had to have the photos all ready to go. And, I didn't find exactly what I wanted for something specific of an odd size (blog banner, sidebar thingy).

I bet that I already have to have the photos I want to use edited the way I want them edited before I import them into this new document too, don't I?

Ok, off to try this.

Thank you, thank you, Cami!

You know, I've always been pretty ok with computers. Nothing was ever real hard. But Photoshop is just not intuitive for me. I've tried using their help - and it was difficult to find what I was looking for. They have help items for everything I don't need help with - and nothing for what I do.

Guest tyfb

I have taken photoshop classes at www.jessicasprague.com. They are great! She has two free classes available right now. The free "hybrid" class has a video demo showing you how to put two pictures together using PSE. It may help you.

Ginny