Menu

For those who have used R&S Readers, how do these compare with Pathway?

mom26

Which do you prefer and are the workbooks similar?

I know that the Pathway Readers convey biblical values through stories of a family and the R&S uses straight bible stories.

Just trying to make a decision for next year... I will have 2 1st graders and a 3rd grader using these.Are the prices comparable...I know pathway readers and workbooks are very reasonable...

Any input greatly appreciated ;)!!

Thanks!

Blessings,kathi

Prices are comparable. We had both Pathway and R&S 1st grade books back in kindergarten and ended up sticking with R&S. My son just gravitated more to the non-fiction aspect of R&S's readers. Once he finished with the 3rd grade readers we stopped using readers altogether and stuck with Sonlight.

I buy both. LOL. I like the workbooks with R&S better. The lay-out is simple and spread out more. I think that given the nature of the reading material more map skills and vocabulary work are included in the R&S workbooks. My DC read Pathways for fun. R&S Bible readers are used for reading/Bible time. I like that they are Bible stories because I have my kids read them out loud and we make it part of our devotional time. DS loves all the battles. And the big plus for me is that my children actually know more about the Bible then a lot of folks. It is amazing how much they really understand and retain. DD (3rd grader) can have a very educated discussion on the divided kingdom and the Jewish captivity. I love it! I think it is also setting us up nicely to begin ancients.