Menu

Know of a Shakespeare course? (more)

Guest Suzanne in NC

Guest Suzanne in NC

My daughter enjoys reading Shakespeare so I'm looking for an on-line Shakespeare course for this summer. Anyone know of a good course? She's a rising 11th grader and would enjoy this! Thanks for any help you can offer.--Suzanne in NC

P.S. Might end up doing it in the school year so any class info would be helpful!

I can heartily recommend Summer Shakespeare with Scholar's Online. Participants read and discuss 9 or 10 of Shakespeare's plays about one/week. Each play is a separate discussion so it doesn't matter if you miss a week or even two because of travel; but of course students make connections between the plays -- it is a wonderful fairly light summer course but imho well worth it.

It is the first part of a 3 year rotation, my eldest has take the other 2 sessions (Dr McM offers one each summer) and will be joined for this session by her younger sister.

Scholars Online Literature -- click on the arrow beside Summer Shakespeare I for more info.

Both girls are real fans.

HTH

Moira