Menu

Kolbe literature

Does the "syllabus/schedule" include essay questions/analysis for the literature selections? I purchased a few 'study guides', but they only include comprehension questions.

We have completed our readings for ancient history, but ds wants to continue. I haven't read the medieval selections, and won't have time until summer.

I am glad, however, that the creative writing class ds is taking at the cc is covering a great deal of short story analysis. I've read the short stories and ds tells me what they have discussed in class-I've learned a lot!

Susan

• 2 months later...
Does the "syllabus/schedule" include essay questions/analysis for the literature selections? I purchased a few 'study guides', but they only include comprehension questions.

We have completed our readings for ancient history, but ds wants to continue. I haven't read the medieval selections, and won't have time until summer.

I am glad, however, that the creative writing class ds is taking at the cc is covering a great deal of short story analysis. I've read the short stories and ds tells me what they have discussed in class-I've learned a lot!

Susan

I just sent a message to one of their counselors asking specifically about Lit analysis. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Have you seen the sample course plans?

Kolbe course plan samples

We used these course plans for Kolbe literature and history, grades 9 and 11 level (ancients and medieval/renaissance). You're right- the study guides only include basic comprehension questions; these course plans put the texts in context and provide essay questions weekly and quarterly tests and grading keys. Each week included about a page of background information, literary elements, and questions to keep in mind while you're reading (much higher level thinking than those study guides, lol). Also there is a short explanation of what to look for in the student's essays (more like a list than a sample essay).

~Kathy