Menu

Parks Challenge Feb 25- Mar 3

Ottakee

The rules are simple as well----you make up your own challenge. You can count school playgrounds, local parks, township, county, state, linear, or national parks. You can set a goal of going to a park once a week, visiting 10 new parks this year, trying a new activity at a favorite park or whatever fits the needs of your family and your locale. You can count playgrounds, walking, hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing, swimming, skating, skiing, boating, kayaking, etc......whatever activities you want.

Yesterday I got in my 4th park of the year.  Coast Guard Park, a small park with playground, ball fields, bathrooms, and a dog park that connects via trails through the sand dunes to a beach on Lake Michigan and a state park 8 miles away.  I met up with a friend and we hiked just under 2 miles.  Despite the really warm weather here we found many of the trails covered with ice which really limited us in climbing up and down.  Still a great small hike.

I am hoping that the better weather coming will allow me to get out and explore more parks even yet this week.