What's with the ads?

Photo

Have any of you tried a JAM subscription?

4 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 nature girl

nature girl

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

Homeschool Group Buys is doing a significant discount, but I can only find a few reviews on this...(I'm looking at either the drawing course, Legos or the engineering course for my 8yo daughter...) Has anyone tried this?

http://homeschoolgro...group-buy-2018/

#2 chocolate-chip chooky

chocolate-chip chooky

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

My 11yr old tried out the drawing class, just for the free trial month.

I really liked the concept of JAM, but couldn't justify the ongoing cost of the subscription. It just didn't seem to be enough for that price, in my opinion.

Although it's not the same thing, my daughter has really enjoyed these youtube drawing channels:

Circle Line Art School

Mark Crilley

Neither of these is aimed at children, but we haven't come across anything that isn't child-friendly.

• nature girl likes this

#3 whynotoils

whynotoils

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:54 AM

We use their course. My kids love it. They start out crazy simple and progress as they should. Bonus, it's self lead.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
  • nature girl likes this

#4 nature girl

nature girl

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

My 11yr old tried out the drawing class, just for the free trial month.

I really liked the concept of JAM, but couldn't justify the ongoing cost of the subscription. It just didn't seem to be enough for that price, in my opinion.

Although it's not the same thing, my daughter has really enjoyed these youtube drawing channels:

Circle Line Art School

Mark Crilley

Neither of these is aimed at children, but we haven't come across anything that isn't child-friendly.

I think one of the things that drew me to the program was the idea that there's some interaction between everyone participating...(I might be wrong about what this involves, that's just the impression I got from a cursory view.)

I guess I'll try the 2 week free trial to see if DD wants to continue. Thanks for the feedback!

• whynotoils likes this

#5 whynotoils

whynotoils

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:58 AM

I think one of the things that drew me to the program was the idea that there's some interaction between everyone participating...(I might be wrong about what this involves, that's just the impression I got from a cursory view.)

I guess I'll try the 2 week free trial to see if DD wants to continue. Thanks for the feedback!

The kids get to post pictures and videos of what they have sone. They also are encouraged to watch other students videos and to comment on them and encourage each other.
My kids love it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk