Menu

Luggage recommendations?

three4me

JC Penny has been running some really good coupons lately, like 60% off. I bought us some American Tourister luggage through them, and it has held up well. It's endorsed by Disney. :D

I got a very distinctive carryon bag through ebags. They run good deals too, but then you get into that whole sea with all the brands and pricepoints, sigh. The American Tourister stuff seems to just work. Definitely consider going distinctive though. Always blows my mind how many bags are BLACK on the conveyor blets, just black. I got this really bright fuschia zebra print, so my stuff is easy to find. :D

American Tourister Colorspin Max 21" Spinner Luggage - JCPenney  Ooo, they still have mine! It has been very nice. Definitely easy to find on the belt. They might have more prints. This size I think is nice because you're not likely to pack it and go overweight. If they cruise, they might want the biggest size. If you get them that, you could get them a portable baggage scale if you want. I got one on amazon for maybe $10, and it's really handy. It's easy to have in my bag to redistribute weight after we buy stuff.

I have a laundry bag, draw string, kind of duffle thing that I throw in my suite case. I check it on the way back filled with laundry. Really handy, because then in my suitcase I have room for any goodies I bought. :D

Lily Bloom Tweety Twig Wheeled Weekender - eBags.com  Everybody has their style for carry-ons. I like this one because it's like a Mary Poppins bag. I can open it quickly, get out my food, headphones, etc., stuff in my jacket. It rolls. Rolling is terribly important in a carry-on, personal opinion. Vera Bradley has a similarly shaped bag, but it doesn't roll. And Lily Bloom does have some regular suitcases if you want something distinctive an cute. I'm not swearing they'd be as durable as maybe American Tourister, but they're very, very pretty. And they go nicely with the pink zebra print. :D

If they're older and don't want to reach, they might like an underseat bag for their carry-on. 

Edited by PeterPan