Menu

Disgusting dog question

Daria

I took my dog with me today to walk around our local shopping area, which has wide sidewalks bordered by a grassy area.  We walk there frequently, this isn't new.

However, he did something he's never done before, which is that he suddenly stopped and pooped in the middle of the sidewalk, and it was quite liquidy.  In the 7 years I've had him, he's always moved to the grass to poop, and then I can pick up any solid bits with a bag and throw them out.  If there happens to be liquid, it soaks into the grass.  But in this case, after I picked up the solid bits, there was a rather large puddle of liquid poop, right where people stepped.  

So, if this happened to you, what would you do to clean it up?  All I had was poop bags, and I literally didn't have a clue how to respond?  I had a drink with me, and ended up pouring the ice onto the spot, in hopes that people would be more likely to see the pile of ice and walk around it?

When I'm out and about with the dog I almost always have a bottle of water in the car, so I probably would have used that to wash away as much as I could. And most of the time I have an extra puppy pad or two in the car, so I could have used those to absorb some of it first. It's a lot harder if you're just out walking, not near home or a vehicle that has any helpful supplies in it.

I hope your dog isn't getting sick!

• Like 1

When I'm out and about with the dog I almost always have a bottle of water in the car, so I probably would have used that to wash away as much as I could. And most of the time I have an extra puppy pad or two in the car, so I could have used those to absorb some of it first. It's a lot harder if you're just out walking, not near home or a vehicle that has any helpful supplies in it.

I hope your dog isn't getting sick!

I had the drink, but I wasn't sure where I'd wash it away to.  I'm not sure if that makes sense.

I could have gone home, and brought back a gallon of water, but then there would just have been a bigger area of liquidy poop.  I wasn't sure that was an improvement.

My dog has a sensitive stomach, he tends to have single episodes of diarrhea and then he's back to normal, so I'm not really worried about him.  The diarrhea wasn't unusual for him, just the fact that he didn't step to the grass which was like 2 feet away.