Menu

Letter of Recommendation

M&MsMom

My DD's science teacher has written her Letter of Recommendation.  She then sent it to me digitally.  I know that teachers are not required to (and usually don't) share it, but she did.  Now that I have a digital copy, can I upload it for her to the Common App when it opens or does it have to come directly from her?  I am thinking that she would just like to check this task off as complete, so it would be easier if I did it.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

No you can't do it yourself. Each teacher rec on the common app has to come from a different email address and has a few simple supplemental questions specifically for the teacher.

The student enters the email address for each recommeder. The common app sends the recommenders instructions of how to create a username and each teacher creates a common app username. The teacher has to answer a few supplemental questions like how much to you recommend this student very highly, highly, average, don't recommend, etc. A few questions may not apply depending on the setting, but I've just told my recommenders to put n/a if necessary as it is the letter that really counts.

I've done teacher recommendations for my classroom students and it really isn't that hard. 

• Like 2