Menu

Is there a planning thread for 8th grade? Need Science and LA suggestions

ldkgates

I searched the forum but did not see a planning thread for 2017-2018 8th grade. I am struggling with trying to figure out Language Arts and Science for my 8th grader next year. This past year we started out with Rod and Staff English 7. It was so much like English 6 in the beginning, he asked to please do something else. We tried Giggly Guide to Grammar, but quickly found that it was not a good fit either. He ended up just using Moby Max for Grammar and BraveWriter for writing. We will conyinue BraveWriter for writing, but need Literature and Grammar.

He completed Apologia General Science this year. It truely was painful for both of us. He completed it but I am not sure he can do Apologia Physical Science if it is anything like General Science. We used the Elementary Apology books and loved them. I really want to try Derek Owens but it is not in our budget this year with the other online classes we will be paying for.

Does anyone have Science and LA suggestions for an 8th grader?