Menu

Experiences With IEW Online Instructors?

I'm specifically interested in hearing about your children's experiences with these instructors: Beatty, Cardinale, Osborne and/or Murphy. However, at this point any feedback about experiences with IEW's online writing classes would be appreciated!

My rising 8th grade ds  may be taking SWI B online next year but I don't know where to begin as far as selecting an instructor. Several time slots would work so it well may come down to instructor reviews. Thanks in advance! : )

My DS has done some online classes this year including writing (with homeschoolconnectionsonline). He pretty much needs hand holding even though he is in 7th grade and 13 yo. Next year (8th grade) I am hoping for some more maturity. I will be there for him but plan on removing the scaffolding as he progresses. We have done IEW with me as the teacher and it is one writing program that works well for my DS mainly because of the structure part. He is stronger on the style and voice of writing and weaker on the organizational skills.  Overall, his writing is fair for a middle schooler. It could be stronger especially with organization.

Edited by chiefcookandbottlewasher