Menu

Accelerating Right Start

My son is 7 and we are currently 2/3rds of our way through RSD and we seem to be going through almost two levels a year. We previously tried MM and Singapore and they did not work out. We like RS and we like the manipulatives. We usually skip the games because he doesn't need the extra practice. We are using Beast Academy 3 as a supplement and going through that should slow us down a bit. I don't think my son is gifted but he does work through math at a steady pace. Anyone else accelerate RS? Anything else I should look at or consider? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We accelerated A-C, but had to give up in C because I just couldn't accelerate enough. We now use Beast Academy as our main math, with bunches of other stuff thrown in. (I always mix and match in our subjects. I don't really think of it as "supplementation" as much as "diversification".) We currently add in Zaccaro, Hands on Equations, living math books, logic puzzles, and board games.

• Like 1

We got halfway through C and switched to Beast Academy as well. I absolutely love RightStart, especially the A and B levels. The variety of topics in each lesson, the hands-on work, and the lack of writing made it perfect for my son when he was young, but C did have way to much repetition for us to even try to accelerate. 

• Like 1