Menu

Lisa in Italy - Is your family OK after the earthquake?

Lanny

Looking at the information on the Home Page of FoxNews.com at this time, I don't think you are a long way from the epicenter. Is everyone in your family OK?  Please check in here when you can.

We live in Colombia, also earthquake country. 

• Like 2

I think that is north of her. Isn't she down near Naples?

I hope all are ok. I saw a report saying there will be more earthquakes.

Yes I think they are near Naples. Looking at the map FoxNews.com had on their Home Page earlier, it didn't look like Naples was very far from the epicenter. With a 6.2 earthquake, there can be damage quite a distance from the epicenter.

There was damage to some structures (probably they were not well designed or built IMO) here in Cali, Colombia, from the earthquake in Ecuador which I believe is approximately 200 air miles from us. I'm not sure of the true distance. It may be less than that.

We were actually up and getting ready to leave when the earthquake hit -- and didn't find out about it until around 0800 this morning during the swim meet.  We're about 4 1/2 hours southwest, but there are people who did feel it in town.  We were gone until early afternoon, and I'm sorry I didn't check in earlier.  Vesuvius appears to be quiet, as does the Bay of Naples (The Bay of Naples actually is a giant caldera...which is active...it's considered an "earth killer" volcano -- so they prefer lots of micro eruptions).

Thank you for thinking of us!  We are all safe, but I am sure the devastation will have teams from the base mobilizing to see if we can be of assistance with donations/support.  Very tragic!

Lisa

• Like 17