Menu

IEW Student Intensive B with 3rd, 5th, 7th graders

jamijoy

IEW users...I have come to own the Teaching Writing: Structure and Skill DVDs/Binder as well as the Student Writing Intensive Level B. I'd like to use IEW with my 3rd, 5th, and 7th graders this year. I printed out the student sheets for level A for my 3rd grader (free on the website) but will watching the Level B DVDs be over her head? Would it be better to buy and have them all watch Level A DVDs for the sake of not watching two different DVDs each week, or to have my 7th grader watch Level B and get the Level A DVDs for my 3rd and 5th graders?

Thanks for any advice.

If you printed out the Level A sheets for the 3rd grader you can probably make the Level B system work for all three.  I wouldn't use level A with the 7th grader and the 5th grader probably should be in B, too.  TWSS DVDs are for the parent, though.  Student Writing Intensive (SWI) DVDs are the DVDs intended for the student.  If you watch the TWSS videos that will help you teach the program to all three, regardless of grade level.  Do you have both TWSS and SWI?  

Also, the TWSS program was revised recently.  Do you have the revised version?  It might make a difference regarding the sheets you are using with your 3rd grader...I'm not sure, though.  Hopefully someone else can chime in there.

• Like 2

I do have the new version and both the TWSS DVDs as well as the Student Intensive Writing Level B DVDs. I haven't viewed the student DVDs, so I guess I should do that to see what I think then.

So I guess my main concern is if my 3rd grader can use the Level B DVDs successfully.

• Like 1