Menu

Can someone explain the difference between the two versions of Disney Infinity 2.0?

Butter

I really should be able to figure this out, but my brain is not comprehending the difference and I've tried to figure it out several times.  My kids want Disney Infinity 2.0 for Christmas.  That's fine.  We have a WiiU.

But what is the difference between the Marvel version and the Toy Box version?  Is it just the Marvel characters?  Can you use Marvel characters with the Toy Box version or just with the Marvel version?

Why is a video game so complicated to figure out?

The new software is the same in either set.  If you or your kids are more into Toy Box mode, where you design the playing field, then get that version to also get a couple figures for the Toy Box.  If you prefer, as we do, the play sets where Disney has already designed the playing field and set tasks, etc. get the version that comes with three Marvel figures.

Either way, you get Infinity 2.0 software.  You should be able to start building a Toy Box land even if you get the Marvel Play Set first - but if you get the Play set version first, I do not believe it comes with a play set?  So I think the Marvel version is the better way to go. Yes, Iron Man can come and play in a toy box you create...but Stitch (did I spell that correctly?) can NOT go play in the Avengers Play Set.

I noticed this morning at the local stores a LOT of the Toy Box versions still on the shelves....but Marvel Play Sets sold out.

Figures from version 1. will still work with the new software in Toy Box mode.  BUT - the new 2.0 figures will not work with the old software, so to use them you need to get the new 2.0 software.  You can't just buy a 2.0 figure and use it in version 1., alas (my understanding).

I got the Marvel version for my adult son with autism, plus an extra figure or two.