Menu

What works in your Jr High or High School Sunday School? (CC, obviously)

Chris in VA

What curricula do you use?

What are the goals of the Sunday School?

How equipped do you feel your kids are (or the kids in the SS program, if you aren't there yet) ?

If you like it or feel it's good, what about it do you like or feel is solid and strong?

Any suggestions for a good program?

Good defined as, includes Biblical literacy, for one, but also just prepares the kids, I guess, for life in a secular world, and doesn't just tell them to be good and kind and that God loves them (though this would be the heart of a good program, wouldn't it...)

Can't go into detail, but I need info, even out of the box info, for good SS programs.

Whatever you've got, tell me!

Honestly, going through 1) Systematic Theology (there are several books; Wayne Grudem's is popular, but if you have a specific theological leaning you may or may not want that one),  2) Apologetics, starting with Paul in the book of Acts and using Scripture along with many of the great books out there.  There is a Case for Christ for teens, etc.  3)  Studying books of the Bible.

I have yet to be impressed with any curriculum and I don't particularly like Sunday school to be the time/place for covering guy and girl focuses stuff, either.  It really does depend on the group makeup and what is the vision for ministry in the particular Sunday school!