Menu

Handwriting Without Tears materials

TyraTooters

I'm thinking we might try Handwritng Without Tears for the kinder by and second grade boy. Kinder boy is starting fresh and the second grader needs to work on neater writing. We have paused cursive for them time being until manuscript gets cleaned up some. Also working on proper pencil grip.

Back to the question. What are your gavorite items to go along with HWOT?

I bought the handwriting paper for grade one and we used it for practicing spelling. I tried the teacher manual for K and found that I didn't need it for more than one level (we didn't buy it for grade 1).

Triangular pencils really helped ds with pencil grip.

The new Keyboarding Without Tears program is working well for ds. It uses similar pictures to HWT, so it seems familiar and nonthreatening.

You can download the paper (or close enough)

http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/printables/files/handwriting/hwotnarrow.pdf

for free now, so I'm not ordering more after we use up what we already have.

The slate is fairly standard; we got ours from JoAnn fabrics instead of the HWT store because that was so much easier in the '90s when no internet was no big deal.

I already had the teacher's manual from that era and a scanner/printer so I didn't need the workbook for little ds.