Menu

Well darn!

Laura Corin

I started growing flowers from seed last year. It took three sowings before I managed to raise Geum Mrs Bradshaw to wave delicately through my new flower bed. Even the last lot I wasn't sure would survive because they were covered in aphids in our porch, but once outside they shrugged off the greenfly and are as healthy as could be in the border.

But they are yellow. They are another form of geum. I already have all the yellow I need (perennial sunflower, allium moly, coreopsis.....) I wanted orangey red. I'll contact the vendor, but all they will do is send me another packet. Here we go again.......

At least, after last year's experience, I'm pretty sure I can get the germination right first time.

L

Good luck! How about a picture of current yellow ones, and then orangey red when you get them going?

I'm pretty proud of how the garden is going this year, so maybe I'll try to get some photos uploaded.

Thanks for the good wishes.

My seed merchant (in Ireland) has as a slogan, 'The healthiest way to gamble is with a spade and a packet of seed.' I think the cards were stacked against me this time....

L