Menu

Duke TIP recognition ceremony?

Has anyone had their child participate in one of the Duke TIP recognition ceremonies? What was it like? Was it worth it? Are you glad you did it and would you do it again?

We got my son's invitation in the mail yesterday and are trying to decide if it's worth it. It's on a day we could go and it's an easy two hour drive.

TIA

We went for DD's state ceremony. She would have been eligible for the Grand ceremony at Duke, but that was too far to travel -so this was our compromise.

I think it was worth it to her to be recognized for academic achievements. For us- I could very well have done without it. It took place in a big college gym; there were speeches, then all the kids individually walked on stage and got their recognition. Two hours to travel there, 2+ hours for the ceremony, two hours traveling back - sure could think of better ways to spend my day. But I think DD was quite happy and proud, so it was worth going for that.