Menu

For those interested in the I See Sam books

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Beginning-Reading-Instruction/

The above is a link to the yahoo group that is VERY helpful if you are thinking about using the books. They have placements tests, files with lots of information on getting started, using the cursor, when to move on, etc. There are also some more free books to print out and have your child draw pictures for, etc.

The message board is great as well for getting advice, asking your questions, etc.

Thank you sooo much for this link! I just joined!

Are you using this program?

I'm considering it for my youngest, who has autism. The online samples look wonderful!!

(I love the comprehension questions at the bottom, as they'll help her with her language delays!)

Wondering what is essential for the program, so I know what to order? (I'll be asking the group this question also, once I've been 'approved')

ALL you need for the program are the books and a 3x5 card with a notch cut into it. You can print out letter/word tiles from files on the yahoo group.

I would ask on the group where to buy the books if you want the ones with the comprehension questions in them. One place has the questions in the books, the other place doesn't--and I can't remember which is which.

I hope you enjoy the program. The group is wonderful for helping you get over any bumps along the way.