Menu

Who else is not at home tonight?

mom31257

We are at my in-laws house 3 states away from home. I just wondered who else was in the same boat with me. Being in education, dh has always had a couple of weeks off at Christmas, so we've ALWAYS gone to see our families (TN and OH) for Christmas. It made sense when everyone else would have much less time off work. I am hoping that will change next year. Dh is laid off and in school getting a computer web development diploma, so I find myself really hoping that he gets a job with only 2 days off next Christmas. We will HAVE to stay home if that happens. I know it won't be long anyway until dd is probably going off to college, and then I would want to be home when she comes home for Christmas.

My in-laws are great people, so if I have to be gone from home, I'd rather be here than anywhere else (even my own family). I hope your time away from home is good for you. Merry Christmas!!

We are at my in-laws as well- only 2 hours away. We usually have done Christmas am at home and drove to in laws for dinner with lots of DH's extended family. But due to an illness in DH's family, we wanted to do the whole shebang here this year - so we arrived Sunday night and will be here through Wednesday.

It is the same with me - my in-laws' place is a great one to be at for Christmas!